Sunday, March 3, 2013

Hello World 2.0

This is an appropriate title for my first blog post because as a Technical Consultant, nearly every programming language that I learned had a first project called “Hello World”. So for my first blog post I am going to keep it simple.

Last year I decided that I wanted to create a web site.  First of all I like programming and wanted to play with some web design.  But more importantly I really wanted a place that I could share the things that I like as well as a place that I can share my opinions and thoughts. So here it is,  www.timrazik.com  and of course this blog site. I promise to take it a little more seriously than my Facebook posts. Off the bat, I will admit a few things:
  1. Spelling is not my forte! I have a B.A. in Mathematics and a B.A. and M.S.  in Computer Science with an emphasis on high performance computing.  So I might have some typos and maybe even fail to click the "abc" button in to check my spelling.  It’s not that I can’t get it right when it matters, it’s just that on my web site, spelling is not my priority.  So no comments on misspelled words please… unless they are funny comments :D
  2. Hello World 2.0?  Why 2.0?  I used to manage a WordPress powered site application on my personal website. As fun as it was to setup the database, security and feeds,  I realized that I just don't have time to keep it up to date.   So I moved here.
  3. Imagination is what drives my site.  I’m still working on taking my ideas and getting them here.  I love playing games like Final Fantasy and I love listening to music. I think My Favorites page helps illustrate this.  Also look at the picture in my banner.  I just love how this picture has stars, a moon and an old ship.  It kind of reminds me of the opening theme to "Enterprise" which shows the evolution of travel in our world.  It sparks the imagination doesn’t it?
Well I do hope you poke around my site and please let me know what you think.  I still have a lot of cleaning up to do but I’m going to take it slow. Thanks for taking time to visit!
- Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment